- Week Wrap-Up: Curbed Outdoors Week, South Street Seaport, and Upper East Side Townhouses
- LPC Doesn’t Approve NYU 383 Lafayette, Brooklyn Heights Rebuild, or Williamsburg Preschool
- Brian Williams Suggests Congress Has Been Screwing America
- Rent Guidelines Board, Apthorp, Fulton Market Building, Pastis Topper, Hy-Fi at MoMA PS1, Tory Burch, and One Wall Street
- Updates: Jim’s Shoe Repair Case Going Before Judge; Comcast Signs For 30 Rock; Changes For 498 West End Ave
- RT @CurbedNY: Will a giant tower next door complement or detract from Grand Central? ny.curbed.com/archives/2014/… http://t.co/K0vf8jwfcu 17 hours ago
- RT @MDiamond8: Huge turnout for funeral of Waldwick NJ cop Christopher Godell @wcbs880 http://t.co/Nq777eXbNJ 22 hours ago
- Two Upper East Side townhouses to become one. bit.ly/1jRwFVv #UES #LPC (via @CurbedNY) http://t.co/y7yMBwVNFR 2 days ago
- South Street Seaport Pier 17 demolition complete. New construction begins Oct. bit.ly/We4DsJ http://t.co/Gbl64cwc7H 5 days ago
- Now my 3rd #OutdoorsWeek piece for @CurbedNY - a paddle on the Newtown Creek! bit.ly/1l8BjcO http://t.co/1UkCKcKvx0 5 days ago
Author Archives: ebindelglass
The past week had some special content of mine published.
I covered three items at the Landmarks Preservation Commission for Curbed NY on Tuesday and in all three cases, the hearing was closed with no action. That means the proposals were not approved.
It has been nine months since the government shutdown of 2013 began and Sibley Hospital in Washington, D.C. has reported seeing an average of three more births per day over last year. Brian Williams, on tonight’s NBC Nightly News, had … Continue reading
Rent Guidelines Board, Apthorp, Fulton Market Building, Pastis Topper, Hy-Fi at MoMA PS1, Tory Burch, and One Wall Street
So, I’ve been up to a bit since I last posted on my blog. Here goes.
Updates: Jim’s Shoe Repair Case Going Before Judge; Comcast Signs For 30 Rock; Changes For 498 West End Ave
This roundup of my reporting involves a longtime family-run business, an iconic skyscraper, and an 12-story apartment building.
BBC America brings us some great stuff from across the pond, including “Doctor Who” and “Top Gear.” It also brings us some older and not so much older favorites from right here in North America.
I was walking along on Monday when I noticed that the church up the road from me has a sense of humor.
The stories I covered last week all involved proposals for new things, from Lower Manhattan to Chelsea to SoHo.
On Thursday, I was near New York City Hall to join a few other reporters to be briefed about an idea to protect southern Manhattan from future Sandy-type storms (read it here). When I walked into the New York City … Continue reading
It’s been a few weeks since I blogged about my stories. So, here’s an update. I also went to Ottawa for the first time the other weekend. I’ll try to also blog about that in the near future.